Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Summer of Yard Work

This summer we have determined that we are going to redo our back yard. The before pics:

192 195 196 197 198 199 206

1st on our to do list was garden boxes. When we first stared working on them it was way to cold to be outside working, so we set up shop in out kitchen :O Although I am very grateful that we were able to get them done in time to start planting, I am also very grateful that I will never have to clean up a mess like that in my kitchen again lol.

212213 210

Our fist officially finished garden box :D

214 216

Some of the after math :O

217218

Soon the weather brightened up and we were able to finish them outdoors.

209220 219

Our 2nd officially finished garden box...

222224

Rainey was so cute laying in the shade all day :D

221

225 226

After all the boxes were built we started installing them ...

230

231

Schoggi was helping to take care of some of the nasty weeds we pulled lol :D

235 232 233

Then we filled them with dirt.

237

All the boxes finished...

238 239 240 241

So far we have planted ... Raspberries:

292

290

291

Strawberries:

293

294

and Onions.... They haven't sprouted yet, but hopefully we will start seeing little onion plants in the next few days. We will be planting a few other things as soon as we are semi certain that the fear of frost is gone.

Well that is all we have accomplished in our yard so far this summer, but we have big plans so watch for updates.

2 comments:

Jedda said...

I'm seriously impressed!

Sherry said...

Those boxes are beautiful. I am also very impressed!