Sunday, October 24, 2010

Graduation! WOOHOO!!

After 4 years of homework and school nearly nonstop…. we are FINISHED :D WOOHOO!!! We took the opportunity to finish our classes this past summer since the jeep was (well still is) out of commission; without anything fun to do all summer….. we figured the best thing to do was to finish school. Ben and Kami Grad

Utah Valley University only does commencement once a year in April, so we actually walked this past April even though we weren’t quite finished. It was really cool, and we had tons of family support :D

On August 12th approximately 4:30pm we finished our last exam, and for the next 10ish days anxiously awaited our final grades. Much to our surprise we DSCN2722both achieved sufficient grades to pass all of our classes and graduate :D (ok maybe not a surprise, but we were both super nervous waiting lol)

By the end of August we had both received our diplomas in the mail, and that was that. We each now officially hold a Bachelors of Science degree in Accounting. DSCN2723I have to admit… it seems strange that all that time, money, and effort is summed up in something that weighs less than a few ounces, and probably cost less than a dollar or two to produce.

The idea of finally being done with school has been slow to sink in, I keep having that overwhelming “I’m sure I’m forgetting something” feeling and constantly feel guilty when we spend our entire weekend doing fun stuff rather than studying lol.

We are so grateful that we had the opportunity to attend school, and were able to graduate :D It was tons of fun going together. I would recommend it to anyone; every once in awhile it got a little competitive, but I was constantly thankful to have such an amazing study partner. We are also very grateful that our family and friends were so supportive and patient with us while our lives were consumed by studying. If you thought we were avoiding you all this time I challenge you to call us up and invite us to do something again….. you might be surprised.

4 comments:

Jedda said...

What an accomplishment! Way to go you guys. How neat to both finish at the same time with the same degree. You have memories that you will always cherish. As time goes by I think you will look back with great fondness on your experience. Congratulations!!!

Sherry said...

Congratulations again on a great accomplishment! We are so proud of you both; and you looked so cute walking together at graduation. :)

Aimee said...

Yahoo!! Way to go! I often get that "all that time/money/work boils down to a piece of paper" feeling, but it passes.
I am glad you guys stuck with it! I know how hard it is (was), but you will never regret it!
I hear they have great graduate programs at the U, and south Davis is only minutes from campus. Just sayin!

ashleyrussell said...

Congrats congrats!!!!! I bet you are so excited!